Effective Date: September 1, 2018
1. Information We Collect
You may choose to provide personal information to us when you choose to use our Site. The following are some examples of situations in which you may provide information to us:
- To create an account to use our Site or online services
- To engage in a transaction with us or with others
- To register for or participate in special events
- To sign up for email alerts or to subscribe to receive other information from us
- To complete a survey or questionnaire
- To contact us for any reason, such as by email, including for technical support or customer service
The information you provide to us may include your name, telephone number, street address, or email address(es).
The Site also uses other tracking systems like log-files and pixel-tags. Pixel tags, sometimes called web beacons, are similar in function to a cookie and can tell us certain information like what content has been viewed.
2. How We Use and Share Information
We use the information we collect, including your personal information, for a variety of purposes such as:
- To communicate with you or to respond to your questions or requests
- To provide you with updates and information
- To improve the Site or our services
- To personalize your experience, save your preferences, better understand your interests, authenticate our users, and provide similar user-experience features
- To develop, deliver, and improve our products, services, and other offerings
- To protect the security and integrity of the Site
- To identify and prevent fraud and other harmful or unlawful activity
- To comply with and enforce applicable legal requirements, relevant industry standards, contractual obligations, and our policies
We may share personal information in accordance with any consent you provide. We may also share such information, including your personal information, with third parties performing services for or on behalf of Trust Company of the South. We may also share such information (i) if we are legally obligated to disclose information; (ii) if we believe in good faith that the law requires the disclosure; (iii) to government entities conducting an investigation or making a lawful request; (iv) to verify or enforce our policies; (v) to otherwise protect the rights, property, safety, or security of third parties, visitors to the Site, or the public.
We reserve the right to disclose or transfer information collected through this Site, including your personal information, to third parties in connection with an actual or potential sale or transfer of all or a portion of our business assets, including transfers made as part of insolvency or bankruptcy proceedings.
3. Your Choices
You may choose not to provide us with any of the personal information we request. Choosing not to provide us with personal information we request may limit your ability to use certain Site features.
If you prefer not to receive emails from us, please use the unsubscribe feature in the email.
Additionally, most web browsers allow you to choose whether to accept cookies, reject cookies, or receive notice each time a cookie is sent to you. If your browser is set to reject cookies, the Site may not recognize you when you return, and some website functionality may not be available. At this time the Site does not respond to browser “do not track” signals.
If you have any other requests or inquiries, please contact us.
4. How We Protect Personal Information
We maintain reasonable safeguards, including appropriate administrative, technical, and physical security measures intended to protect the information collected through this Site from accidental, unlawful, or unauthorized loss, use, access, disclosure, alteration, or destruction.
In some cases, your information is accessible when you log into a feature we offer, and in those cases you need to keep your user credentials and password confidential and secure so that your information and account are protected.
5. Access and Correction
If you would like to request access to or correction of your personal information, please submit your request by sending an email to the address specified in the “How to Contact Us” section below. Please include your name and phone number or mailing address in your request, and describe specifically the information that you would like to access or correct so that we may respond appropriately and promptly.
We may amend this Policy at any time and for any reason without prior notice to you. We will notify you of significant changes, and we will indicate at the top of this Policy when it was last updated. We encourage you to regularly review this page for the latest information on our privacy practices.
7. How to Contact Us